We don’t see a whole lot of opera come through these days, but we want you to be able to submit correctly! The track title for a selection from an opera should start with the name of the opera, followed by a colon, followed by the selection title. For recordings of a complete opera, include act and scene information after the opera title but before the colon and selection title.
Opera Selection Titles: [Opera Title]: [Selection of Title]
- Don Giovanni, K. 527: Il mio tesoro
- La traviata: Libiamo, libiamo… (“Brindisi”)
- Tosca: Vissi d’arte
Complete Opera Titles: [Opera Title, Act, Scene]: [Selection of Title]
- Falstaff, Act III, Scene 2: Un poco di pausa
- Falstaff, Act III, Scene 2: Ogni sorta di gente dozzinale
- Falstaff, Act III, Scene 2: Tutto nel mondo è burla
If you do submit a complete opera through Soundrop, please let us know! We’ll definitely want to give it a listen (We love opera, or at least our content approval lead does. I don’t know why they still trust me to write these things).
Please add (Arr. for instrument name) at the end of your track title.
Keyboard Concerto No. 5 in F Minor, BWV 1056: III. Presto (Arr. for Bagpipes).