Soundrop can distribute and monitor the use of your music on social media platforms via Automated Claiming. When your music is shared on these platforms, you’ll get exposure and ad revenue!
In order to take advantage of this tool, however, the sounds that you use in your music must be exclusive to your track. Any sound recording that contains non-exclusive sounds will be ineligible. Additionally, we can only approve musical content for Automated Claiming.
Tracks that are ineligible for Automated Claiming include those containing non-exclusive elements such as:
- Production loops (such as those from Garage Band and other royalty-free samples)
- Soundbeds (the basic sonic landscapes to which all other layers are added)
- Sound effects and any Creative Commons Licensed sounds (including white noise)
- Karaoke recordings
- Classical music recordings of compositions in the public domain
- Meditation, yoga, or sleep music
- DJ sets, continuous mixes, or other similar compilations
Examples of non-musical content that is ineligible for Automated Claiming include (but are not limited to):
- Spoken word recordings
- Comedy recordings
- Film recordings (that are not the musical score to a film)
- Prayer recordings
- Nature or wildlife recordings
- Ambient sound recordings
As with all content uploaded to Soundrop, approval is contingent upon accordance to our Usage Guidelines.