Soundrop can monitor the use of your music on Facebook! All the videos on Facebook will be scanned for the use of your sound recording. This has the added bonus of letting your fans use your music as stickers in Instagram Stories. When your music is shared on these platforms, you’ll get exposure!!
To take advantage of this tool, the sounds that you use in your music must be exclusive to your track. Any sound recording that contains non-exclusive sounds will be ineligible. Tracks that are ineligible for Facebook include those containing non-exclusive elements such as:
- Production loops (such as those from Garage Band and
- Other royalty free samples) soundbeds (the basic sonic landscapes to which all other layers are added)
- Sound effects and any Creative Commons Licensed sounds (including white noise)
- Karaoke recordings
- Classical music recordings of compositions in the public domain
- Meditation, yoga, or sleep music
- DJ sets, continuous mixes, or other similar compilations
Additionally, we can only deliver musical content to Facebook. Examples of non-musical content that is ineligible for Facebook include (but are not limited to):
- Spoken word recordings
- Comedy recordings
- Film recordings (that are not the musical score to a film)
- Prayer recordings
- Nature or wildlife recordings
- Ambient sound recordings
As with all content uploaded to Soundrop, Facebook and Instagram, all Usage Guidelines, Community Standards and Community Guidelines apply.
If your entire account is free of non-exclusive sounds and you want all of your content delivered, simply use our Auto Distro tool! If only some of your releases are eligible, then you'll want to add Facebook as a new store under each releases' distribution settings.