Soundrop offers two options for providing your lyrics to music stores:
LyricFind and MusixMatch.
LyricFind services lyrics to more than 100 platforms including Amazon, Google, Xperi, YouTube, Deezer, Pandora, and iHeartRadio.
Soundrop artists have the option to opt into LyricFind under “Curated Services” from the Distribution section of your release.
Only releases with lyrics will be delivered to LyricFind, so make sure you enter them in your account! You can do this during the sign up of a new release or after the distribution of an old release. Here's how:
During the sign up process, you'll come to the tab that says "Tracks." At the bottom of this page you'll find the "Lyrics (optional)" section. This is where you'll enter the lyrics for each track.
Already distributed release
To add lyrics to a release that's already been distributed:
- Click "My Music" from the left-hand navigation of your dashboard.
- Select the release in question
- Under "Actions" click "Modify"
- Click the "Tracks" tab
- Select the track you'd like to enter lyrics for
- Scroll to the bottom where you'll see "Lyrics (optional)" and enter your lyrics
- Make sure to Review & Save. This will take you to the delivery page
- Click the blue "Send to more" button, check the box next to LyricFind, and click "Send"
If you want to get your lyrics on Instagram Stories, Apple Music, Amazon Music & Alexa, Google/YouTube, Spotify, and more, you'll want to sign up with MusixMatch, the world's largest catalog of song lyrics and translations, to couple the text to the audio for your songs.
To get started, sign up here to submit your information as either an artist or representative and, within a few days, you'll be able to submit verified lyrics for your tracks!
Here are MusixMatch's guidelines to follow when transcribing and formatting lyrics:
- Transcribe all lyrics, even when a section is repeated
- Transcribe the lyrical audio content only
- Primary vocals are focus and secondary lyrics should be in parenthesis
- Avoid comments like “Intro,” “Chorus,” “Spoken,” artist names and so on
- Transcribe lyrics in their native scripts
- Break transcriptions up into individual lines
- Capitalize the first letter of every line
- Separate sections with double breaks
- Do not capitalize each word or use uppercase in all sentence
- No line-end punctuation
- Always write contractions using an apostrophe (‘)
- Use a single hyphen (-) or ellipsis (…) if it is sung an unfinished word/sentence
- Use standardized spellings for rap songs
- Capitalize Proper names (e.g. persons, places, gods)
- Numbers as words except for content listed here
How to get your lyrics on Instagram Stories using MusixMatch
If your (non-instrumental) catalog is already available in Instagram Stores then read on!
Here's an excellent MusixMatch blog post with more specific information about this platform and here are those steps to take:
- Once you have a verified MusixMatch profile, you can add (or confirm as correct) each of your tracks' lyrics on the platform.
- Sync lyrics to timestamps by linking your MusixMatch account with your certified account at Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon Music.
- You’ll be prompted to link accounts when you click the “Play” button. It only takes a few seconds!
- Click “Sync Lyrics” and the song will start playing. Use the arrow to align the words with the music. When you get to the end of the song, toggle down to the text that says “end."
- Lastly, you can provide mood and tempo classification for your track.
- Allow for a week (or two) to pass so that Instagram and MusixMatch can confirm the lyrics, timestamps, and then presto! You've done it!