We can only make changes to accounts with the express permission of the current account holder. If you know who holds the account, please follow up with them directly to inquire about changes to a submission.
If you do not know who has uploaded this material and/or if the account holder does not own or has not cleared all necessary rights to distribute the content through Soundrop and continued distribution of the content infringes on your rights, you may lodge a formal rights dispute, potentially forcing Soundrop to cease distribution of the content.
Soundrop is DMCA compliant and we will need the dispute to be lodged in a certain fashion.
Though an attorney is not required to lodge a DMCA takedown notice, we encourage you to consult with your own lawyer and/or see 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm your obligations to provide a valid notice of claimed infringement.
If you believe that content on any of our Services violates any of your exclusive rights under United States Copyright Law, you must send a written communication to our Copyright Agent by emailing copyright AT soundrop DOT com
The written communication should include the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed, along with reasonably sufficient information to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an e-mail address.
- A physical or, in the event of a PDF submission, an electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- The following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the use of materials described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- The following statement: "The information in this notification is accurate and that I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."