A Spotify URI is a unique code provided to tracks, albums, artists, playlists, users, and everything else at Spotify! When submitting your Soundrop release for Spotify distribution, you will need to add the correct and corresponding artist profile URI or clarify that a new artist profile should be made.
- How to find your URI: Artist Pages
- How to find your URI: Future Releases (Pre-Saves)
How To Find Your URI: Artist Pages
Pro Tip: Hold down the Ctrl or Alt keys when copying a link to an artist profile in the Spotify desktop app to copy the "Spotify URI" instead.
no Ctrl or Alt
with Ctrl or Alt
Reformatting an artist link to an artist URI
To format the URI correctly, take the 22 character code that makes up the Spotify URI after the "spotify.com/artist/" text in the link and add it to the end of spotify:artist: to find your URI.
For example, this artist link:
is equivalent to this URI:
No existing artist profile on Spotify
Don't have a profile on Spotify for your artist yet? You can select the new artist option to create your Spotify forever home under your name. Your release will be instructed to go onto a freshly made artist page.
How To Find Your URI: Future Releases
When submitting music for distribution to Spotify, you can use the release URI to create free pre-save campaigns with help from Show.co. You can pull the code from active releases using the above instructions (substituting "album" for "artist" in the case of translating a link into a URI) and follow these steps to find the URI for upcoming, unreleased music:
- First, log in to your Spotify for Artists account on a desktop or laptop and go to the upcoming releases section
- If you need help claiming your Spotify for Artists account, then check out this help center article
- Either select the "View playlist pitch" option by clicking on the three dots to the right of your release date
- Or-- if you have not yet pitched the song for consideration-- select "Pitch a song"
- Copy the 22 character URI that appears immediately following submission/ on the subsequent window
- The URL reads as artists.spotify.com/c/artist/ARTISTURI/submission/RELEASEURI
- Paste the code at the end of "spotify:album:" to create the release URI
- It should look something like this: spotify:album:0EANQDy9R0iyVz27nGiDvQ