We recommend a WAV file in stereo, 44.1 kHz sample rate, and 16 bit.
While we do accept WAV files with up to 24 bit / 96kHz encoding, we recommend 16 bit / 44.1kHz. If you’re receive an error that your WAV file “isn’t a WAV file”, it’s likely that it needs to be reprocessed to these specifications.
Here are the steps for converting your files in iTunes, if they need to be formatted or reprocessed. This will make it possible for you to upload your music our site. Remember after you are finished converting them, to go back and change those settings in your iTunes player back to mp3 and not WAV or else everything you import in the future will be imported as huge WAV files and fill up your hard drive.
1) Open up your iTunes
2) Go to 'Edit' and select 'Preferences'
3) Select 'Import Settings'
4) Change 'Import Using:' to 'WAV Encoder'
5) Change 'Setting:' to 'Custom'
6) Set 'Sample Rate' to 44.100 kHz
7) Set 'Sample Size' to 16-bit
8) Set 'Channels' to 'Stereo'
9) Click OK, and locate the file(s) in your iTunes library, .
10) Highlight the file(s), and click "File"
11) Select Convert > Create WAV Version
A .wav version of each selected file will appear below. You can then drag those WAV files to your desktop, and upload from there.