Wanna know what's happening with your release after submitting it for distribution? Have questions about what it means when the distribution tab shows stores in these columns?
Here's the #goodinfo about what the different 'statuses' in the distribution tab mean and what you can expect for the music stores/services listed in each section.
- Your release is about to be checked by a real human! They'll make sure that it won’t have any problems at the music sites.
- If any changes are needed, we’ll email you with specific instructions.
- If no changes are needed, we’ll move the release along to the next stage.
- The timeline for reviews typically take only a few days but can be longer (up to a week) when we're busy.
- After approval, we’ll license any cover songs on the release (if there are no cover songs, this step is skipped.)
- This process can take another few days to complete. Check out our licensing request tips to guarantee the quickest turnaround possible.
- Your release is getting delivered to music sites!
- Once distribution has been completed, the date of delivery will appear under the “Delivered on” column
- A release will stay “In Delivery” until the release date arrives (even if it’s been delivered already)
- Some stores show as “Live” before the release date - these sites have preview pages (which only become active once the release date arrives. You can read all about release dates here.)
- This process can take 1-3 days as well.
- This tab shows which music platforms your release is live.
- Our system will automatically provide a link to your release on most major platforms.
Errors / Takedowns:
- In some cases, there are technical delivery issues or you need to take down a release. For more information on these statuses, see the following help center articles:
* To make changes to your submission in this status, reach out to our support team. Select "Edit a Locked Release" and tell us what changes are required.
** You can modify a release in this status from within your account and then resubmit the update(s) to the stores and services, all from within your account! To see what changes are eligible and how to do that, check out this article.