The text on your cover art must match the information you provided about your release exactly.
For example, if your artist name "Banjo Guy Ollie" appears on the art, then that exact same artist name must appear in the information provided (and not just "Banjo Guy".) Such discrepancies could cause confusion for customers so we only deliver content that matches.
- The spelling of an artist's name on the cover art must match with the artist's name metadata entered for your release. In this example, the artist name is "Bro JF"
The Artist Name within your account:
- Any additional artists whose names appear on the artwork must be added to the metadata for the release.
- All artists listed as “featuring” or “with” on the artwork must be credited as a featured artist on at least one track.
- If the artwork contains the phrase “& Friends", then the "friends" must be listed as the featured performers on the appropriate songs' track-level metadata.
- The text on the cover art must match the album/single title submitted in the release's metadata. From our example above, the title is "Cadillac"
The title within your account:
- If version info (Remix, Radio Version, etc.) is used on the artwork it must also be included in the album/single title of the release.
But this is a single from my upcoming album, can't I use the album art for my single?
Depends. If your album artwork's text matches with your single's information that's OK. If the album cover has artwork text that refers to the album specifically, it would not match with your single release and be ineligible for use.
Text on the art should only represent the specific release/product and not another release, so if your single is using and referencing an upcoming album, this won't work.
Some rare exceptions:
- The cover art CAN list both the band name AND each individual band member but only have the band name listed in the metadata.
- The cover art CAN have abbreviations and acronyms for artist names and album titles. For example, if the name on the cover art is ICP, then it's OK for the metadata to list the artist as Insane Clown Posse and vice versa.
- HOWEVER, cover art cannot have an abbreviation of a "legal name artist name" (ie, artist name is Jeter Jones, cover art may not say "J. Jones").