If you received an email telling you to make changes to the audio you uploaded, here’s what you need to know. You can view the entire article or click each link below to take you there.
Unlicensed Remix / Samples
- We identified audio that you might not have the right to use. If you do have rights, we just need some documentation from you before we can distribute your release.
- Here's an article that explains Soundrop's cover song licensing and another that sheds light on clearing rights to use samples for remixes.
- The sound recording for at least one track matches audio from someone else’s song.
- Matches may be due to the use of non-exclusive sounds (such as a royalty-free beat, loops, etc.) We must confirm the origin of the sounds and any respective licenses.
- If your cover song sounds too much like the original, it might be rejected as a "sound-alike". Soundrop cannot distribute sound-alike covers.
Go to Submit a Request, choose “Content Review Clarification” and provide the necessary information.
- Your release might not have the appropriate language of lyrics.
- If the vocals are in a language not supported by our system, then select the most similar language available.
- If your lyrics are in an artificial, constructed, or fictional language, then match the track-level language to the album-level language (i.e. the language for your title, artist name, etc.)
- If your songs have no vocals at all, please choose "Instrumental" as the language of lyrics.
Audio Snippets, Teaser Tracks, and Advertisements
- We cannot distribute snippets/teasers or advertisements. These can include:
- Filler tracks and/or partial segments of songs that are meant to advertise full-length content.
- Full or partial songs that contain additional audio meant to advertise the album, individual songs, or other content.
- If your release includes a track under a minute, make sure it has a clear ending and doesn't cut out abruptly to avoid being classified as a snippet.
- The audio from one of your songs matches an existing song in our system. This is a violation of our usage guidelines.
- Submitting the same song with a different artist name is not allowed.
- If you want to change the artist name on a distributed release, read this information about rebranding.
Audio Doesn't Play
- At least one of your tracks has a duration of 0:00. We can’t distribute that.
- Check your audio files before uploading it! You can double-check the audio file in Soundrop’s system under “Tracks”.