If you received an email telling you to make changes to the audio you uploaded, here’s what you need to know:
Unlicensed Remix / Samples
- We identified audio that you might not have the right to use. If you do have rights, we just need some documentation from you before we can distribute your release.
- Here's an article that explains Soundrop's cover song licensing and another that sheds light on clearing rights to use samples for remixes.
To submit that documentation, please go to Submit a Request, choose “Content Review Clarification” and provide the necessary information.
- The sound recording for at least one track matches audio from someone else’s song.
- Matches may be due to the use of non-exclusive sounds (such as a royalty-free beat, loops, etc.) We must confirm the origin of the sounds and any respective licenses.
- If your cover song sounds too much like the original, it might be rejected as a "sound-alike". Soundrop cannot distribute sound-alike covers.
Go to Submit a Request, choose “Content Review Clarification” and provide the necessary information.
- Your release might not have the appropriate language of lyrics.
- If the vocals are in a language not supported by our system, then select the most similar language available.
- If your lyrics are in an artificial, constructed, or fictional language, then match the track-level language to the album-level language (i.e. the language for your title, artist name, etc.)
- If your songs have no vocals at all, please choose "Instrumental" as the language of lyrics.
Audio Snippets, Teaser Tracks, and Advertisements
- We cannot distribute snippets/teasers or advertisements. These can include:
- Filler tracks and/or partial segments of songs that are meant to advertise full-length content.
- Full or partial songs that contain additional audio meant to advertise the album, individual songs, or other content.
- If your release includes a track under a minute, make sure it has a clear ending and doesn't cut out abruptly to avoid being classified as a snippet.
- The audio from one of your songs matches an existing song in our system.
- Submitting the same song with a different artist name is not allowed. If you want to change the artist name on a distributed release, read this information about rebranding.
Audio Doesn't Play
- At least one of your tracks has a duration of 0:00. We can’t distribute that.
- Check your audio files before uploading it! You can double-check the audio file in Soundrop’s system under “Tracks”.