Approve your artist name with Soundrop!
In order to distribute your music to stores like Spotify and Apple Music, Soundrop must follow our general casing standards for album and track titles. However, we can distribute your music with your unique artist name. Here's what you need to do:
- Does your artist name have non-standard casing (see examples here)? If not, you don't need to do anything special.
- The following artist names all have NON-STANDARD CASING:
* daigoro789 - first letter is lowercase.
* GameChops - there is an uppercase letter in the middle of the word.
* XTOMHANX - the whole name is in uppercase and it's not an acronym for anything.
- If you have non-standard casing please shoot us an message with a link to one or more of the following sites. This allows us to establish Web Presence for your unique artist name. Please make sure the casing you want us to approve appears on the page you link to! Please note: We cannot accept channels as web presence. Artist's name must appear in the video title.
- Wikipedia page
- Artist/musician Facebook page
- YouTube Video with more than 100 views
- An Active Artist profile with this casing on iTunes.
- Pre-existing Spotify artist pages that also match iTunes (these must be consistent.)
- An official artist website
- An All Music Guide artist listing
- A music site reviewing the artist with the consistent casing of the artist’s requested casing override.
We only need to approve non-standard casing once for each artist you add to your account. BUT if you add a new primary OR featured artist name that uses non-standard casing to your account then you will need to provide web presence for that artist name.
Please don't enter non-standard keyboard characters in your artist name, album title, or track titles. This means no emojis 😊, ˢᵘᵖᵉʳˢᶜʳᶦᵖᵗ or subscript or other specialized fonts. These characters can't be delivered to our distribution partners.
These are examples of standard casing:
- Iron Maiden - this is standard casing.
- Queens of the Stone Age - this is standard casing.
M.I.A. - this is standard casing.
If you have standard casing, you don't need to do anything special.
If you need to know what words to capitalize, take a look at the Soundrop Casing Standards article for an in-depth look.