The release's content (i.e. how many tracks, how long are the songs, etc.), helps music stores categorize it as a single, EP, or an album.
Before adding "EP" to your release title (and artwork), be sure to double-check that your release qualifies as such.
Our approval team will review content to make sure it matches the label as a single, EP, or an album based on how many tracks are on the project, and the total run time.
- Releases that meet the requirements below will automatically be designated as a single.
- The release is one to three (1-3) tracks.
- The entire release is 30 minutes or less and all individual tracks are less than 10 minutes.
- Releases that meet the requirements below will be identified as an EP.
- The release has a total of one to three (1-3) tracks, one or more of the tracks is/are 10 minutes or longer and the entire release is less than 30 minutes.
- The release has a total of four to six (4-6) tracks and the entire release is less than 30 minutes.
- Releases with seven (7) tracks or more will automatically be logged as an Album in both Apple and Spotify.